What is Credit Repair?
Credit repair is the process of improving the credit score by addressing or removing negative items listed on your reports inaccurately. Although the Fair Credit Reporting Act outlined the right for Americans to have accurate credit reports, credit reporting agencies require you to go through complicated online systems and send a number of formal dispute letters to fix your credit.
To make credit repair easier, GConnectPro can identify and challenge questionable items on your behalf. Using our credit repair process, you can get your credit score in a healthy and presentable shape.
We can help repair your credit and remove all the discrepancies and questionable items! Get in touch today to repair your credit and improve your credit rating.
We can help you get your detailed Credit Report!
At GConnectPro, we can assist you in getting your latest detailed Credit Report. Your latest report will help you better understand your current position. It’ll also help us better advise you on credit repair and improvement. Your latest credit report is essential to start planning your credit repair process. We can also help you get your Free Annual Credit Report. So, get in touch today if you need assistance in getting your Annual Credit Report.
Credit Reporting Agencies - all you should know!
Credit bureaus, a.k.a credit reporting agencies, are companies that collect and maintain consumer credit information. The three major credit reporting agencies in the U.S. are Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. They are all publicly traded, for-profit companies.
- Experian Credit Reports: The Experian credit score is a FICO 8 Score that ranges between 300 and 850. They also have a Credit Tracker, which is a paid service you can subscribe to. We can help you get your free annual Experian credit report!
- Equifax Credit Reports: Equifax also provides FICO and VantageScores but uses different scoring models. Like the others, the credit scores will range between 300 and 850. We can help you get your Equifax credit report easily!
- TransUnion Credit Reports: TransUnion scores also range from 300 to 850 and have many credit score categories ranging from bad to excellent. We can help you quickly get your free annual TransUnion Credit Report!
How does Credit Repair work?
We challenge all your suspect negative items with all the 3 bureaus, ensuring your credit reports are accurate and fair.
We ask your creditors to corroborate the negative items they’re reporting. If they can’t, they are required to stop reporting them by law.
We continue to monitor your credit, addressing all subsequent issues as they arise so that you can stay on track and reach your goals.
Your Credit Rights
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) plays a major role in the credit repair process. This is because its laws protect consumers by governing credit bureaus and the furnishers of credit information like creditors and financial institutions. Some of the key laws and rights granted in the FCRA include:
- Credit bureaus are required to provide one free credit report every 12 months.
- Credit bureaus are required to verify the accuracy of the information listed in the report.
- Creditors and financial institutions are required to only report complete and accurate consumer information.
- Consumers can challenge incorrect & incomplete items listed on a credit report.
- Consumers can seek damages from credit bureaus & furnishers violating the FCRA.
- Consumers can limit who can access your credit reports.
- Consumers can request if your credit report is being used against you financially.
The team at GConnectPro will help you understand your credit profile and rights as a consumer during our free credit consultation.